Galatia CUSD #1 is taking
applications for a full-time (12 month) head custodian.
Requirements as follows:
• High School graduate or equivalent
• Valid IL Driver’s License with driving record that will be approved by
the school insurance company. Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) helpful.
• 2-5 years related job experience.
• Ability to read basic operational instructions and write reports.
• Required criminal history background check, proof of U.S. citizenship
or legal resident alien status.
• Must be able to work independently and as a team member with the
Buildings and Grounds staff.
• Must be willing to obtain school bus class driver’s license
Responsible for maintenance of multiple buildings and surrounding
grounds including small plumbing repairs, carpentry projects, light
construction projects, HVAC and boiler maintenance, leaf and snow
removal, landscaping, furniture moves, paint as needed.
6:00am to 2:30pm Monday through Friday with occasional weekends and
The duties of this job require the following physical activities:
walking, sitting, standing, reaching, finger dexterity, pulling and/or
pushing, carrying, repetitive motions, speaking, listening, and visual
acuity. In addition the individual must be able to read, write, count,
operate and use appropriate equipment, climb ladders, and lift objects
up to 50 pounds.
Please send cover letter, resume, and application (located on Galatia
CUSD #1 website) to Superintendent Shain Crank 200 N Hickory Galatia, IL
62935 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be postmarked by May 7, 2018.
Non-Certified Application (click here)
Teacher Application (click here)